Greenbiz is the leading information resource on how to align environmental responsibility with business success. A wealth of news, jobs, information, tools and resources—all free! There’s simply nothing like it–on or off the web.
GreenBiz.com works to harness the power of technology to bring environmental information, resources, and tools to the mainstream business community. They are nonprofit and nonpartisan.
Our mission is to provide clear, concise, accurate, and balanced information, resources, and learning opportunities to help companies of all sizes and sectors integrate environmental responsibility into their operations in a manner that combines ecological sustainability with profitable business practices.
GreenBiz goals are to
- Serve as an information clearinghouse on sustainable business practices and resources from a wide variety of entities, including companies, nongovernmental organizations, trade associations, government agencies, and academic institutions.
- Help companies and other organizations turn information into knowledge and action by providing hands-on tools, expert advice, and case studies.
- Provide resources, tools, and information to organizations that offer technical assistance to companies on environmental issues.
- Facilitate increased communication, information sharing, and learning among environmental professionals and other interested parties.
- Facilitate increased understanding of sustainable business practices beyond the private sector to government entities, nongovernmental organizations, news media, investors, students and academics, and the public at large.
Underlying this mission is the goal of providing resources and tools to the broadest possible business audience, including small and midsized companies and others that typically lack the time, expertise, or financial resources to obtain such information.
Who is behind GreenBiz.com?
This site was created and is operated by Green Business Network, a project of The National Environmental Education & Training Foundation. NEETF is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in Washington, D.C. GreenBiz.com is produced from a headquarters in Oakland, California. The site is operated by a small staff, with help from our Advisory Board and Affiliates.
How is the site supported?
NEETF, Green Business Network, and GreenBiz.com are supported by donations, sponsorships, and in-kind goods and services, as well as by providing fee-based information services to companies, business groups, and government agencies. Our sponsors include companies, foundations, individuals, and governmental organizations.